Solitaire Suite is the premier DOS shareware solitaire collection, containing seven of the very best classic card games. The games feature a smooth and elegant graphical user interface, with undo, auto moves, move alert, hints, selectable game colors and card designs, sound, challenge scoring, and full statistics. The games run lightning-fast on almost any PC.
The solitaire games included in Solitaire Suite include:
- Calculation - Also known as "Broken Intervals", this game requires the utmost in skill and logic. It offers challenging but rewarding play, and special on-screen assistance to make things a little easier.
- Concentration - This is one of the classic solitaires, popular with all ages. It is easy enough for children to play, but offers enough challenge for adults.
- Idiot's Delight - Also known as "Aces Up", this game is extremely simple to play, quite addictive, but maddenly difficult to win. Success depends on skill and strategy, but even more on the luck of the cards.
- Midnight Oil - Also known as "La Belle Lucie" and "Three Shuffles and a Draw", this game is one of the best solitaires, offering both challenging play and a reasonable chance to win. It is also highly addictive; once you get into it, you'll be "burning the midnight oil" more often than not.
- Monte Carlo - Also known as "Weddings" and "Double and Quits", this game is easy to learn and simple to play, yet challenging and addictive as well. The game offers a reasonable opportunity for skill, yet winning often depends as much on luck as making the right moves.
- Osmosis - Also known as "Treasure Trove", this solitaire offers an attractive layout and a decent chance of success, but requires skillful play and a bit of luck to win consistently.
- Royal Cotillion - This is a two-deck solitaire that requires a bit of skill and a bit of luck, along with a good measure of concentration.
The current version is v1.17, released 05/25/1998. There is no Windows version ... sorry.
Select the link below to download the shareware version of Solitaire Suite. It is a self-extracting EXE; simply click on the link to download it to your computer, then run it from DOS or from the Windows Explorer, and it will automatically extract the game files.
- Download Solitaire Suite (410K)
To play the game, run SOLSUITE.EXE using the DOS command line, Windows "Run" command, or Windows Explorer.
Solitaire Suite was originally released as shareware, meaning that you could try it for free, and purchase it if you enjoyed the game. Now, I wish to make the game completely free, with no payment required.
However, I no longer have the development tools necessary to rebuild the application and remove the registration reminder notification. So, when you run the game for the first time, it will tell you that it's shareware, and will ask for a registration code.
Therefore, I am providing the registration code for free. Just enter "" when the program asks.
This free game is provided as-is, with no additional support available. Enjoy!
Requires MS-DOS, EGA or better graphics capability, and a mouse.
Note: Some video cards do not properly support EGA graphics mode. This is not a problem with this game; it is a defect in the video card. Check with your card's manufacturer to see if they can offer you any suggestions.
Note: This game was designed for MS-DOS. Windows provides supports for MS-DOS, to varying degrees, and this program may or may not run under the version of Windows on your computer.