Welcome to the New Solitaire Central
Solitaire Central was originally launched in November of 1997, and underwent a major redesign in February 2001. If you're keeping track at home, that makes this version 3.0, and I'm excited to be able to welcome you aboard.
This latest incarnation includes a number of improvements and additions:
- A greatly expanded solitaire rulebook, currently featuring over 1700 titles, which is a pretty incredible number
- A large database of downloadable solitaire games for Windows, Macintosh, PalmOS, and PocketPC
- New sections for electronic handheld solitaire games and solitaire playing cards
- A new solitaire articles section, featuring writers offering solitaire tips, solitaire strategy guides, and other discussions of the game they love
- A section about solitaire inventors, featuring information about the inventors and the games they've created
- An updated and expanded FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section
- A new Solitaire News blog (which is what you're reading now)
It's taken a lot of work to build this site and maintain it over the years, but through it all the goal has been constant – to provide you with the world's most comprehensive and authoritative solitaire and patience game resource.
Welcome, and enjoy!